- Change your Pillowcase! Do this at LEAST once a week to keep bacteria from building up where you lay your face all night.
- Use clean towels to dry your face. It is so easy to use your bath towel- yeah, the one with conditioner and heavily-scented body wash- all over your face. This can cause serious breakouts. If you have problems keeping your towels apart, try using paper towels to pat your face dry. Paper towels are definitely not the most forest-friendly, but sometimes when you have serious breakout due to bacteria it is a good option.
- Fragrance Free Laundry Detergent can clear dry skin, body acne and face breakouts like crazy. Many times our harsh laundry detergents contain fragrance and heavy dyes that can irritate our skin and make acne much worse.
- Clean your phone and headset. Swipe your phone and headphones down with alcohol and a cotton pad to disinfect and remove dirt and makeup that can collect throughout the day.
- Make sure your hair product doesn't get on your skin. many people find hairspray and oils can break out their skin. be careful to keep hair products where they belong.
Monday, February 24, 2014
Things You Might Be Doing To Make Your Acne Worse
Acne can be caused by a host of different issues, one of them being bacteria. Dirt and oil can collect on things that touch your face and can cause major breakouts- without you even realizing it. Check out this list of things you may be doing to hurt your skin!