Monday, February 24, 2014

Why Less is More- Acne Tips




Less Is More;  How to Cure Your Acne

 Hormones, excess oil production, bacteria along with a host of other things can cause imbalances and acne. It is easy to think that more washing, more medicines and topical creams, more picking and popping will keep your skin clearer and cure acne faster. It can be especially difficult to use less makeup when dealing with breakouts.

To cure your acne for real, you have to focus on balancing your skin and detoxifying your body.

I struggled for years with acne. Starting at 10, my face broke out horribly and I spent years washing, picking and using countless topical creams and chemicals on my skin, then packing on makeup to cover my blemishes. I have spent so much time, worry, energy and money on trying to fix my skin that I many times I forgot to have fun or focus on my good qualities. As I grew older and began to explore health and wellness, something happened. The second I shifted my focus from fighting each pimple to balancing my skin from the inside and outside, it began to clear.

Use Natural Products when possible.

Health food stores, co-ops and Whole Foods sell great natural face washes that are free of harsh chemicals. You can find great skincare products in drugstores as well. Refrain from being swayed by fancy advertisements and flashy packaging. Look for products that are free of parabens, talc, dyes, mineral oil. Look for products that are non-comedogenic or oil-free meaning that they wont clog pores.

Citric acid, salicylic acid and benzoyl peroxide are great acne fighting ingredients. The last two tend to dry the skin and cause flaking for many people so use products minimally and apply creams and medicines in small amounts directly on the zit.

Lastly, and most importantly I learned to drink more water...WAY more water. I immediately noticed my skin clearing. Incorporating healthy foods rich in antioxidants also fights those pesky pimples.






No comments:

Post a Comment